SOUTHFIELD, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team had its season end in straight sets on the road against the top seed in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) tournament quarterfinals on Wednesday night in Southfield, Michigan. Carrigan Gray (Bowling Green, Ohio) led the Saints with a double-double with 18 assists and 12 digs in the losing effort.
Final Score: Lawrence Tech 3, Siena Heights 0 (25-13, 25-14, 25-12)
Location: Southfield, Michigan (Don Ridler Field House)
Records: Lawrence Tech (30-2), Siena Heights (10-18)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Blue Devils controlled play in the first set as they never trailed on the way to a 25-13 win and a 1-0 lead.
The Saints hopped out to a quick 5-0 lead in the second. Lawrence Tech would rally back to tie things up at 10 before taking the lead and the set for the 2-0 lead.
The top-seeded Blue Devils cruised to a 20-9 lead in the third before ending the match with a 25-12 decision.
Siena's offense struggled in the match as the team was not able to hit over .125 for the duration. Lawrence Tech tallied a match-high .429 percentage in the first and .386 in the third.
• Janel Ruhlman (North Branch, Mich.) led the Saints with six kills. She also registered five digs and two blocks.
• Karsyn Wolf (Temperance, Mich.) tied with Gray for the team-high in digs with 12.
• Anna Tartarian (Monroe, Mich.) added 10 digs and four kills.
• Zakia Hunt led the Blue Devil attack with 12 kills.
• Kristi Doherty totaled 35 assists off the second touch.
• Nichole Hyduk led the defense with 18 digs.
SEASON WRAP UP
With the loss in this match the Siena Heights women's volleyball season comes to an end. The Saints finish with an overall record of 10-18 and a conference mark of 7-13 in WHAC play.