ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team fell to Cornerstone 3-1 on Saturday in the SHU Fieldhouse. The loss drops the Saints to 7-11 in conference play with two games left in the regular season. Aline Marinelo led the Saints with 12 kills in the losing effort.
Final Score: Cornerstone 3, Siena Heights 1 (25-15, 23-25, 25-22, 25-20)
Location: Adrian, Mich. (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Cornerstone (14-16, 11-8), Siena Heights (10-15, 7-11)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saint offense sputtered a bit in the first set as the team finished with only seven kills and nine errors for a -.059 team attack percentage in a 25-15 loss.
The second set went better for Siena as the team held off a Golden Eagle rally to snag set two with a 25-23 decision.
The Saints dropped an early 8-3 lead to trail 11-10 to Cornerstone in the third. The score remained close all the way up to a 20-20 deadlock before the Golden Eagles scored five of the next seven points for the 25-22 win and a 2-1 lead.
Cornerstone jumped out to an 11-3 lead in the fourth, but the Saints battled back to tie things up 13. The Golden Eagles built another lead, this time a 23-18 advantage before ending the match with a 25-20 victory in the fourth.
• Marinelo finished the match with a hitting percentage of .346. She also added two blocks and a dig to her stat line.
• Victoria Nerkowski tallied five blocks and six kills.
• Carrigan Gray totaled a double-double with 24 assists and 11 digs.
• Anna Tartarian led the Saints with 23 digs.
• Jackie Stanko had a match-high 22 kills.
• Kayla Clark finished with 56 assists and 10 digs.
• Bailey Cummings registered 17 digs.
The Saints will host UNOH in the team's final home match of the 2019 season on Wednesday, November 6. The first serve is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., EST.