ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team wrapped up the 2018 regular season with a 3-1 win over Lawrence Tech on senior night in the SHU Fieldhouse. Senior Christine Tylutki led the Saints with a 20 kill, 30-dig double-double in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Lawrence Tech 1 (25-21, 27-25, 20-25, 25-19)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (17-14, 10-10), Lawrence Tech (21-11, 14-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Tylutki had six kills and 11 digs in the first game to propel the Saints to a 25-21 win to earn the 1-0 lead. The Saint hit .259 as a team in the opening set. Janel Ruhlman also had a good opening game with four kills.
Siena needed to push the second set to extra points to pull out a win and take a 2-0 lead over the Blue Devils. Tylutki again was the go-to attacker as she totaled five kills in the set. She was also the leading defender with nine digs.
Lawrence Tech rallied in game three to take the 25-20 decision and cut the Saint lead to 2-1 to force a fourth set.
The Saints ended the match with a 25-19 win in game four. Tylutki had five kills and four digs in the fourth.
• Tylutki added two blocks, an assist, and an ace to her stat line.
• Ruhlman finished with nine kills and three blocks.
• Eriona Chambers tallied seven kills and three blocks in the match.
• Ashleigh Shay led the Saints with five blocks and had six kills.
• Carrigan Gray paced the SHU offense with 40 assists.
• Bianca Negron tallied 20 digs and five assists.
• Brittany Schmidt led LTU with 14 kills and 26 digs.
• Isabella McDonald had 12 kills, seven digs, and two blocks.
• Kristi Doherty had 48 assists and 21 digs.
• Lexi Szymoniak also had 21 digs.
The Saints earned the eighth seed of the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference Women's Volleyball Tournament and will travel to face the #1-seed, Aquinas on Wednesday, November 7 at 7:00 p.m.