GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team lost at Aquinas in straight sets. Ashleigh Shay led the Saints with 10 kills and three blocks in the losing effort.
Final Score: Aquinas 3, Siena Heights 0 (25-18, 25-22, 25-20)
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Sturrus Center)
Records: Aquinas (27-6, 14-3 WHAC), Siena Heights (16-12, 9-8 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Aquinas jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead after a 25-18 game-one win. Both teams had identical hitting percentages (087), but Siena Heights fell just short in the second set 25-22 to take the 2-0 lead.
The Saints kept the third game close, but Aquinas ended the match with a 25-20 game-three decision. Siena finished the match with a .083 team hitting percentage.
• Shay tallied one assist along with her team-leading kills.
• Carrigan Gray led the team with 23 assists to pace the Saint offense.
• Bianca Negron was the leading defender with 12 digs in the match.
• Eriona Chambers had a team-high five blocks to go along with five kills in the match.
• Jaclyn Rozell and Kristin Danielson led Aquinas with 13 and 12 kills respectively.
• Stephanie Chenlo set the tone for the Saints with 36 assists.
• Karly Morris had a match-high 18 digs.
Siena will face Cornerstone tomorrow, October 27 in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) match. Opening serve is set to take place at 1:00 p.m.