ADRIAN, Mich. -- The 19th-ranked Siena Heights women's basketball team cruised to an 82-46 win over Calumet College St. Joseph to extend its winning streak to 10 on Monday night in the Siena Heights Fieldhouse. Peyton Banks (Wadsworth, Ohio) tallied her fourth-straight double-double with a team-high 21 points and 10 rebounds.
Final Score: Siena Heights 82, Calumet College St. Joseph 46
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: SHU (16-1), CCSJ (1-9)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints used a 13-2 run in the first five minutes of the opening quarter to pull away for good in the game. Siena Heights defense held the Crimson Wave to single-digit scoring totals in the first two quarters as the score was 39-11 as the teams entered the locker room at the half. SHU continued to build upon the lead throughout the second half eventually pushing the margin to 47 points with 4:55 left in regulation.
Siena shot 46.4% from the floor as a team. They were also 40% from beyond the arc and 61.5% from the free-throw line. The Saints dominated in points in the paint (34-16), second-chance points (16-7), and bench points (28-13).
• Banks was 8-13 from the floor and 5-6 from three to lead in scoring on the way to her sixth double-double of the year.
• Demi Russell (Toledo, Ohio) picked up her second consecutive double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds on 5-10 shooting.
• Kiana Votava (Port Huron, Mich.) also netted double-digit points with 14 on 6-10 shooting. She was also one of five Saints to lead with three assists.
• Kelsey Wyman (Blissfield, Mich.) contributed defensively with a game-high four steals.
• Alyssa Lovato led the Crimson Wave with 10 points.
• Shakeana Clark was the leader in rebounds with eight, assists with two, and steals with three while also totaling nine points.
Siena Heights will remain at home to host the 25th-ranked Lawrence Tech Blue Devils this Saturday, January 11. The game is scheduled to tip at 5:00 p.m., EST.