LIVONIA, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's basketball achieved its first 6-0 start since the 2014-15 season after a 20-point win on the road against Madonna in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) game on Saturday afternoon. Kiana Votava (Port Huron, Mich.) led the Saints in the win with 24 points on 8-11 shooting from the floor.
Final Score: Siena Heights 86, Madonna 66
Location: Livonia, Michigan (Activity Center)
Records: Siena Heights (6-0, 4-0), Madonna (2-6, 0-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
A 12-0 run in the opening four minutes of the first quarter put the Saints on top 16-6. The lead was extended to 21-8 after a 5-0 run by Siena Heights with 4:47 remaining in the opening quarter. The Crusaders registered a 7-0 run to cut the Saint lead to nine points, 26-17, with 1:42 left in the first.
Siena Heights spent the second quarter maintain its hold on the lead as the team took a 49-38 lead into the locker room at the half.
Madonna hit a jumper to start the scoring in the second half and cut the deficit to single-digits. Votava hit a layup with 5:14 left in the third stanza to retake a double-digit advantage, 55-44.
The Crusaders would bring the margin to eight points with 8:09 but the Saints would roll to the win.
• Votava made eight of her 11 free-throw attempts and also finished with six rebounds and two steals.
• Kelsey Wyman (Blissfield, Mich.) scored 17 points on 8-15 shooting from the floor. She also pulled down six boards.
• Addyson Tomczak (Bay City, Mich.) finished with 12 points and two assists.
• Peyton Banks (Wadsworth, Ohio) tallied 11 points, eight rebounds, a team-leading seven assists, and two steals.
• Shelby Morrow (Flushing, Mich.) tied for a game-high 10 rebounds. She also had two steals.
• Hannah Reinhold led the Crusaders with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
• Sydney Brown had 18 points, nine rebounds, and two steals.
• Victoria Guardiola paced the offense with seven assists and two steals.
The Saints will travel across town to face Adrian College on Tuesday, November 26. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:00 p.m., EST.