ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team earned its first win in Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) play with a 3-1 victory over Rochester on Saturday afternoon. Janel Ruhlman (North Branch, Mich.) led the Saints with a double-double of 24 kills and 18 digs.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Rochester 1 (25-16, 25-10, 25-23, 25-17)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (3-6, 1-2 WHAC), Rochester (0-11, 0-3 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints took a 2-0 lead after wins of 25-16 and 25-10 in the first two sets. SHU hit a match-high .375 in the second set on the way to a dominant performance to take the lead.
The Warriors rallied in the third set as they edged Siena 25-23 to stay alive and put things at 2-1. The Saints finished things off with a 17 kill outing in the fourth set to end the match with a 25-17 result.
• Ruhlman added a service ace and two blocks to her double-double performance.
• Carrigan Gray (Bowling Green, Ohio) finished with 10 kills, 35 assists, and 17 digs resulting in a triple-double.
• Karsyn Wolf (Temperance, Mich.) also completed a double-double with 11 assists and 18 digs on the afternoon.
• Victoria Nerkowski (Mason, Mich.) led SHU with a match-high .643 hitting percentage.
• The Warriors were led by Jenna Pomaville who had a double-double with 10 kills and 17 digs.
• Zoe Earl paced the attack with 28 assists and 10 digs to also register a double-double.
• Kaitlyn Williams had a match-high 23 digs.
The Saints travel to face Indiana Tech in a WHAC contest on Wednesday, September 25. The match is scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m., EST.