ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team suffered a 3-0 defeat to RV Indiana Tech. Freshman Aubrey Getson paced the Saints attack with 26 assists despite the team being a bit shorthanded due to injury.
Final Score: RV Indiana Tech 3, Siena Heights 0 (25-23, 25-16, 25-18)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Indiana Tech (9-4, 7-2 WHAC), Siena Heights (2-1, 2-1 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The opening set of the match was close throughout. The Saints registered 13 kills and had a team hitting percentage of .167 (the highest for SHU on the night), but it proved not to be enough to take an early lead as the Warriors slipped past with a 25-23 decision.
Siena Heights struggled on the attack in the second set as the team hitting percentage slumped allowing Indiana Tech to build a 2-0 lead following the 25-16 advantage.
The Saints continued to battle, but the lack of hitting on the night got the better of the home team as the third ended with a 25-18 win for the visitor.
• Samantha Getson (Morenci, Mich.) was one of the bright spots for Siena as she had a five-kills first set on her way to nine total kills on the night. She also tallied two service aces, three digs, and two blocks.
• Bates added three kills, five assists, and two blocks to her stat line.
• Karsyn Wolf (Temperance, Mich.) led the Saints with 11 digs.
• Katelyn Ferris (Burton, Mich.) tied for a match-high four blocks.
• Madelyn Omo led the Warriors with nine kills.
• Andrea Schriver finished with 16 assists.
• Jacey Blust led with 17 digs.
The Saints host Lourdes on Sunday, February 21 at 5:00 p.m., EST.