SOUTHFIELD, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team finished the regular season with a 3-1 loss on the road against conference-leading Lawrence Tech on Saturday night. Grace Polomcak (Niles, Mich.) led the Saints in both kills (11) and digs (20) to register a double-double in the losing effort.
Final Score: Lawrence Tech 3, Siena Heights 1 (22-25, 25-17, 25-19, 25-13)
Location: Southfield, Mich. (Don Ridler Fieldhouse)
Records: Lawrence Tech (30-2, 20-0 WHAC), Siena Heights (10-17, 7-13 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints battled back from a 15-9 deficit to eventually tie the score at 21 before scoring four of the final five points to take the first set 25-22 and a 1-0 lead.
The Blue Devils jumped out to a 5-1 lead in set two and never looked back to tie the score are one in a 25-17 decision.
The score remained close in the third, but Lawrence Tech was able to build a five-point lead (21-16) on the way to a 25-19 victory and a 2-1 lead.
The fourth set was all Blue Devils as they jumped out to a 12-4 early. Lawrence Tech eventually built a double-digit advantage before ending the match.
• Polomcak tallied a service ace and three blocks to her team-leading stats.
• Janel Ruhlman (North Branch, Mich.) finished with 10 kills and 11 digs for a double-double. She also had five blocks.
• Carrigan Gray (Bowling Green, Ohio) had another double-double this season with 28 assists and 11 digs. She also had three blocks and two kills.
• Zakia Hunt led the Blue Devils with 15 kills.
• Kristi Doherty paced the attack with 42 assists.
• Nichole Hyduk had a match-high 24 digs in the win.
The Saints will face Lawrence Tech on the road again in the First Round of the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) on Wednesday, November 13. The match is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m., EST.