ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team dropped a 3-0 decision to Aquinas on Friday night. Anna Tartarian (Monroe, Mich.) led the defensive effort with 11 digs.
Final Score: Aquinas 3, Siena Heights 0 (25-16, 25-13, 25-22)
Location: Adrian, Mich. (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Aquinas (14-12, 11-6), Siena Heights (10-14, 7-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The home Saints rallied back from a 4-0 lead to tie the score at six in the first set. ! 7-0 run by Aquinas would give the visitors a 13-6 lead and the visiting Saints would never look back to take the opening set 25-16 and pull ahead 1-0.
Set two stayed close for the first part until Aquinas used a 5-0 run to pull ahead 20-11 before the visitors scored five of the next seven points to take the 2-0 lead.
The third set saw seven ties before Aquinas was able to build a lead with a 4-0 run to take a 19-15 lead. The host Saints would come close to pulling off a win in the third but fell just short 25-22.
• Janel Ruhlman (North Branch, Mich.) led the offensive effort with five kills. She also totaled eight digs.
• Carrigan Gray (Bowling Green, Ohio) paced the offense with 10 assists. She finished with four digs, four kills, a service ace, and a block.
• Grace Polomcak (Niles, Mich.) had seven digs, four aces, and two blocks in the losing effort.
• Tartarian added a kill and two assists to her 11 digs.
• Payton Klein led Aquinas with 12 kills.
• Kali Crawford had 37 assists and 13 digs.
• Karly Morris had a match-high 18 digs in the match.
The Saints will remain at home to host Cornerstone tomorrow (Nov. 2) at 1:00 p.m., EST.