ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team extended its winning streak to four with a 3-1 win over Concordia (Mich.) on Saturday evening. Carrigan Gray (Bowling Green, Ohio) tallied a double-double with 40 assists and 15 digs to lead the Saints.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Concordia (Mich.) 1 (20-25, 25-23, 25-19, 25-20)
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan (Cardinal Field House)
Records: Siena Heights (8-13, 5-9), Concordia (5-20, 2-13)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Cardinals jumped out to a 1-0 lead after pulling out a 25-20 win in the first set.
The Saints evened things ups with a 25-23 win in the second set. Siena used a 3-0 run to take the lead 13-10. Later in the second, the Saints used a second 3-0 run to pull ahead 21-18 before earning the decision a few points later.
The third started with a 4-0 run by Siena Heights. The Saints eventually built a 21-14 lead late in the third before taking the 2-1 lead.
Siena hopped out to a lead, 4-1, before building leads of 15-9 and 18-11 before ending the match on a 25-20 final score in the fourth.
• Janel Ruhlman (North Branch, Mich.) led the Saints attack with 13 kills. She also finished with 14 digs to tally another double-double on the season.
• Alli Conly (Linden, Mich.) registered a double-double with 11 kills and a team-high 21 digs.
• Grace Polomcak (Niles, Mich.) finished with 10 kills to help offensively.
• Gray added eight kills, two service aces, and four blocks to her stat line.
• Anna Tartarian (Monroe, Mich.) recorded 16 digs to contribute on defense.
• Lena Thompson and Delaney Bennett led the Cardinals with 15 kills each. Bennett also had 16 digs.
• Kaitlin Veihl paced the CUAA attack with 31 assists.
• Tara Schatzle led the defense with 21 digs.
The Saints return home to host Indiana Tech on Wednesday, October 30. The match will be the first of a four-match homestand. Opening serve is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., EST.