ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team defeated crosstown rival Adrian College in straight sets at the SHU Fieldhouse on Thursday night. Carrigan Gray (Bowling Green, Ohio) recorded a double-double with 28 assists and 12 digs in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Adrian 0 (25-16, 25-15, 25-22)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (5-12), Adrian (4-10)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints used a 5-0 run to take command of set one, 8-4, before building a nine-point lead (14-5). Siena hit for a match-high .310 in set one to win 25-16 and take the 1-0 lead.
Adrian scored the first three points of set two before holding a 5-2 lead. The Saints would rally back to tie things up at six, seven, and eight all before taking a two-point lead and building it to six points (19-13). After spotting the Bulldogs two points, SHU rattled off six straight to take the game 25-16 and a 2-0 lead.
Set three was tied at for before Siena built a 13-8 lead and growing it to a 20-12 advantage. Adrian continued to fight and tallied seven consecutive points to pull within a point (20-19) before eventually tying the score at 22, but the Saints ended the match with three straight points to take the 3-0 win.
• Gray added six kills and a block to her team-leading stat line.
• Karsyn Wolf (Temperance, Mich.) finished with eight digs and three assists to help the winning effort.
• Eriona Chambers (Flint, Mich.) added six kills and two blocks to the cause.
• Korbyn Koerner led the Bulldogs with 12 kills.
• Liz Susitko paced the Adrian attack with 25 assists.
• Alex Tobler had a match-high 14 digs to lead the defense.
The Saints host Madonna on Wednesday, October 16 in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) matchup beginning at 7:30 p.m., EST.