GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team dropped a 3-1 decision at Cornerstone on Saturday afternoon. Janel Ruhlman (North Branch, Mich.) tallied a double-double with 17 kills and 14 digs to lead the Saints in the losing effort.
Final Score: Cornerstone 3, Siena Heights 1 (25-17, 25-20, 26-28, 25-20)
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Mol Arena)
Records: Cornerstone (9-8, 6-3 WHAC), Siena Heights (4-11, 2-7 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Golden Eagles built a six-point lead (16-10) in the opening set before earning the 25-17 decision to pull ahead 1-0.
With the score tied at 12, the Saints used a 6-0 run to pull ahead, but Cornerstone would respond with an 8-0 run to take a 20-18 lead. The Golden Eagles then scored five of the next seven points to extend the lead to 2-0.
The third was close throughout with several ties and lead changes taking place including a 24-24 tie to go to extra points. After a couple of points back and forth, Siena earned two-straight points to take the third with a 28-26 score and cut the deficit to one game.
The home team jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the fourth before ending the match with a 25-20 victory.
• Ruhlman added two assists and two blocks to her stat line in the afternoon.
• Grace Polomczak (Niles, Mich.) registered 189 digs and seven kills to contribute on both sides of the ball.
• Carrigan Gray (Bowling Green, Ohio) paced the Saint attack with 32 assists while also totaling 16 digs.
• Karsyn Wolf (Temperance, Mich.) recorded 22 digs and two assists.
• Alli Conly (Linden, Mich.) had a team-high 23 digs.
• Jackie Stanko led the Golden Eagles with 16 kills.
• Kayla Clark had 27 assists.
• Patsy Morris finished with 33 digs.
The Saints return home to face Lawerence Tech on Wednesday, October 9 in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) match. The opening serve is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., EST.