LIMA, Ohio -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team were defeated by Northwestern Ohio on the road in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) match on Wednesday night. Janel Ruhlman (North Branch, Mich.) hit a team-high attack percentage (.316) to finish the match with eight kills.
Final Score: UNOH 3, SHU 0 (25-10, 25-18, 25-17)
Location: Lima, Ohio (The Garage)
Records: UNOH (15-6, 5-2 WHAC), SHU (4-9, 2-5 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Racers used a 5-0 run early in the opening set to take a 7-2 lead before extending it to a 25-10 win to take a 1-0 lead in sets. Northwestern Ohio had a match-high hitting percentage of .448 in the opening game.
A 6-0 run in the second set gave UNOH a 20-10 lead before the Saints rallied with a 5-0 run of their own to cut the lead to five. Siena Heights brought the score to 22-18, but the Racers scored the next three points to extend the lead to 2-0.
The third set was tied six times early until UNOH rattled off five-straight points to pull ahead 18-12. The lead soon became 23-15 before the Racers were able to end the match with a 25-17 victory in the third.
• Ruhlman finished with a stat line of eight kills, .316 hitting percentage, and one assist.
• Carrigan Gray (Bowling Green, Ohio) and Madison Sitter (Temperance, Mich.) split time at the setter position. Gray tallied nine assists while Sitter had eight. Gray also contributed five kills, two service aces, four digs, and one block. Sitter added a kill and four digs to her totals.
• Karsyn Wolf (Temperance, Mich.) led the Saints with 19 digs in the match.
• The Racers were led by Erika Angstmann with 15 kills.
• Kayleigh Hulst paced the UNOH attack with 37 assists.
• Kaela Stoll had a team-high 15 digs to lead the defense.
The Saints remain on the road with a WHAC matchup against Aquinas on Friday, October 4. The match is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m., EST.