GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball was eliminated from the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) Tournament in the quarterfinals after a 3-0 loss to Aquinas on Wednesday night. Senior Christine Tylutki tallied her 12th double-double of the season with 10 kills and 11 digs in the losing effort.
Final Score: Aquinas 3, Siena Heights 0 (25-21, 25-17, 25-19)
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Sturrus Center)
Records: Aquinas (31-6), Siena Heights (17-15)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints came out swinging in the first set of the night recording 14 kills and only three errors for a .324 hitting percentage. However, it wouldn't be enough as Aquinas would hold on for a 25-21 win to take the 1-0 lead.
SHU struggled to score against the Aquinas defense in the second set as Aquinas took a 2-0 lead off a 25-17 decision in set two.
The matched finished in the third set after Siena fell 25-19 to Aquinas.
• Tylutki finishes the season as the team leader in kills with 301. She is also second on the team in digs this season with 386.
• Ashleigh Shay added seven kills to her season total to finish second on the team with 227.
• Carrigan Gray paced the Siena attack for the majority of the season. She tallied 21 assists in tonight's match to bring her season sum to 841.
• Bianca Negron is the team leader in digs with 478 after adding seven tonight.
• Jaclyn Rozell led Aquinas with 16 kills.
• Stephanie Chenlo set the tone with 39 assists on the evening.
• Karly Morns led the defensive effort with a match-high 26 digs.
SEASON WRAP UP
The Saints finished the 2018 season with a 17-15 mark overall and a 10-10 record. The 10-10 conference finish was good enough for the eighth and final spot in the conference tournament.