ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team won a huge contest over Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) leader Lourdes in straight sets on Friday night at the SHU Fieldhouse. Ashleigh Shay had a monster night for the Saints as she was a leader on both sides of the ball with 11 kills and six blocks.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Lourdes 0 (25-22, 25-20, 25-19)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (15-10, 8-6 WHAC), Lourdes (16-3, 13-2 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Taylor Felver led Siena with seven of her 13 kills in the opening set to help the Saints to the 25-22 win and a 1-0 lead. Janel Ruhlman tallied kills on all three of her attacks in the first game. Felver, Christine Tylutki, and Anna Tartarian each tallied six digs on the way to the quick lead.
The Gray Wolves struggled in the second game as they registered 11 errors and only 10 digs on the way to a negative hitting percentage for the set. Shay led SHU in game two with five kills and three of her blocks occurring in the game. The Saints earned the 25-20 decision to take the 2-0 lead and put Lourdes on the ropes.
Shay continued her dominance in the third set with six kills and three blocks to help lead Siena to the clean sweep after a 25-19 set-three advantage. Tylutki contributed in the match-deciding set with four kills, two digs, and two blocks.
• Felver finished with a match-high 13 kills and 15 digs for her fourth double-double of the season.
• Tylutki joined Felver with the match-high 15 digs in the win.
• Carrigan Gray paced the offense with 31 assists.
• Bianca Negron tallied 14 digs to help the defensive effort.
• Tylar Roberson led the Gray Wolves with 12 kills.
• Carol Goncalves recorded 25 assists and 11 digs.
• Niki Polce led the defense with 12 digs.
• Angelica Dippold registered 10 digs.
The Saints remain home to host Concordia (Mich.) tomorrow, Saturday, October 20 at 4:00 p.m., EDT. The match is the third of four straight at home.