ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team defeated Michigan-Dearborn in straight sets on Wednesday night at the SHU Fieldhouse. Eriona Chambers caused problems for the Wolverine attack all night as she led the Saint defense with eight blocks in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, UM-Dearborn 0 (25-14, 25-22, 25-18)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (14-10, 7-6 WHAC), Michigan-Dearborn (7-13, 2-12 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead following a 25-14 game one win. Siena's defense held the Wolverines to a negative attack percentage (-0.27) in the set.
The score increased to 2-0 with a 25-22 Saint win in the second set. Siena tallied a .314 attack percentage in the game. UM-Dearborn totaled its highest attack percentage of the match (.200) as well.
The Saints had a huge .355 attack percentage in the third and final set to close out the match with a 25-18 decision.
• Ashleigh Shay led the attack with 10 kills. She also contributed with one assist, two digs, and three blocks.
• Christine Tylutki registered nine kills, six digs, and three blocks.
• Carrigan Gray had a match-high 21 assists to pace the SHU offense.
• Chambers added three kills to her stat-line.
• Mackenzie Zook led the Wolverines with seven kills.
• Danielle Barile and Sabrina Giacomini split time as setter with 15 and 10 assists each.
• Caitlyn Carlson led the defensive effort with 18 digs.
• Mackenzie Fuleky totaled two blocks.
The Saints will welcome Lourdes on Friday night for a WHAC match starting at 7:30 p.m., EDT.