LIVONIA, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team fell on the road against Madonna in four sets on Wednesday night. Christine Tylutki recorded her second-straight double-double with 10 kills and 12 digs in the losing effort.
Final Score: Madonna 3, Siena Heights 1 (25-17, 17-25, 25-16, 26-24)
Location: Livonia, Michigan (MU Activities Center)
Records: Madonna (16-6, 8-5 WHAC), Siena Heights (11-8, 6-6 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints rallied back from a 22-12 deficit but fell short in the opening game 25-17. Siena continued the fight in the second set and built a lead to earn the 25-17 game two decision and tie the match at one game each.
The Crusaders rebounded in game three and tallied a seven-point lead before eventually taking the set 25-16 to put the match score 2-1.
The Saints dug themselves a 10-3 hole in game four but were able to knot things up four times at the end of the game before Madonna finished the match with the final two points to pull out the 26-24 victory.
• Tylutki added four blocks, one assist, and a service ace to her stat line.
• Taylor Felver led the Saints offense with 11 kills while also registering six digs, five blocks, an assist, and a service ace.
• Carrigan Gray paced the Siena Heights attack again with 35 assists.
• Bianca Negron had a match-high 21 digs in the losing effort.
• Jodie Kelly (19 kills), Erica LaBaere (13), and Nyla Greer (12) led the Crusaders in kills.
• Lauren Korth led all players with 44 assists.
• Alyssa Facione led the Crusaders with 15 digs. Korth and Jodie Kelly finished with 14 and 12 digs respectively. Amber Kelly also contributed defensively with 11 digs.
• Nyla Greer registered seven blocks in the win.
Siena Heights travels to Grand Rapids, Michigan to compete in the Aquinas/Cornerstone Classic on Friday and Saturday, October 12-13. The Saints begin the tournament with a match against Indiana-South Bend at 5:00 p.m., before finishing day one with a match with Carroll (Mont.) at 8:00 p.m.