ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team toppled Northwestern Ohio 3-1 on Wednesday night in the SHU Fieldhouse. Christine Tylutki recorded her third-straight double-double with 15 kills and 16 digs to lead the team in the win.
Final Score: SHU 3, UNOH 1 (25-14, 25-13, 16-25, 25-19)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: SHU (10-4, 5-2 WHAC), UNOH (14-3, 4-3 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Siena hit an astounding .462 in a 25-14 game-one win to take the quick 1-0 lead. The Saints maintained the momentum through game two with a 25-13 win in game two after hitting .351 in the set. SHU also held the Racers to a negative (-.051) hitting percentage in the game.
UNOH jumped out to an eight-point lead in game three (13-5) before the Saints cut it to just four points (16-12). However, the Racers were able to hold on to take game three, 25-16, and force a fourth game.
The Saints never surrendered the lead in game four, however, the score remained close for much of the set. Siena used a 4-0 run to take the lead 7-3 before UNOH was able to cut the advantage to just two points (11-9). The Saints rebuilt a five-point lead (20-15) only to have the Racers rally back to a three-point deficit (21-18) before SHU closed out the match scoring the final two points of the match.
• Tylutki added three service aces and six blocks to her double-double.
• Taylor Felver tallied nine kills to help offensively.
• Carrigan Gray contributed with three kills and two block assists to go along with her match-high 34 assists.
• Bianca Negron totaled 13 digs, three assists, and a service ace.
• Ashleigh Shay finished with seven kills and a match-leading nine blocks.
• Devon Heitkamp led the Racers with 14 kills.
• Kayleigh Hulst paced the offense with 33 assists.
• Flavia Knutti, Kaela Stol, and Erika Angstmann led the defensive effort with 19, 13, and 11 digs respectively.
The Saints will play in match two of a three-game homestand this Friday, September 28 when they host Aquinas for a 7:00 PM match.