ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team capped the weekend with a bounce win over Concordia (Mich.) 3-1 in Ann Arbor. Christine Tylutki recorded her second consecutive double-double with 11 kills and 11 digs to lead the Saints in the win.
Final Score: SHU 3, Concordia 1 (24-26. 25-18, 25-21, 25-14)
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan (Cardinal Field House)
Records: Siena Heights (9-4, 4-2 WHAC), Concordia (1-10, 0-6 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Cardinals edged Siena in game one with a 26-24 decision that gave Concordia a quick 1-0 lead. The Cardinals registered the highest attack percentage in the match between both teams (.214) which helped give them the advantage.
The Saints would rally in game two and pull out a 25-18 win to tie the game score up at one apiece.
Game three saw Siena pull ahead with a 25-21 set score to give the Saints 2-1 lead.
SHU tallied 11 kills (.171) in the fourth set to pull out a 25-14 victory that ended the match.
• Tylutki (11 kills, 11 digs) added one assist and a team-high seven blocks.
• Janel Ruhlman tallied 10 kills, three digs, and five blocks to contribute on both sides of the ball.
• Carrigan Gray paced the Saint attack with 38 assists. She also tallied three service aces, five digs, and a block.
• Bianca Negron led the team defense with 22 digs and a service ace.
• Anna Tartarian registered 20 digs to help out defensively.
• Taylor Felver also participated in the defensive effort with 11 digs. She as active on the offensive side as well with five kills.
• Gabrielle de Boer and Madelyn Kragt led the Cardinals with 12 kills.
• Lena Thompson had 38 assists and 13 digs.
• Janie Bunge led the defensive effort with 26 digs.
The Saints return home for a match against Northwestern Ohio on Wednesday, September 26. The match is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m., EDT.