SYLVANIA, Ohio -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team had its four-match winning streak snapped by Lourdes Friday night. Taylor Felver and Christine Tylutki each tallied a double-double in the losing effort.
Final Score: Lourdes 3, Siena Heights 2 (23-25, 29-27, 19-25, 26-24, 15-9)
Location: Sylvania, Ohio (Ebeid Rec Center)
Records: Lourdes (8-1, 5-1 WHAC), Siena Heights (8-4, 3-2 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Siena earned the 1-0 lead after a 12 kill (.211%), 25-23, victory in game one.
The Gray Wolves needed extra points to tie the Saints in game two, 29-27. The Second set was also the best attacking set for SHU in the match, as the team hit just slightly better than in game one (.212%).
Siena hit better that Lourdes for the third straight game and would regain the lead after a 25-19 decision in game three.
Once again, the Gray Wolves needed extra points to tie, edging the Saints 26-24 to force a fifth and final set.
Lourdes would use a 4-0 run in the fifth game to take a 7-3 lead. Siena could only cut the lead to two points before the Gray Wolves stole the match with a 15-9 triumph in the final set.
• Tylutki had a season-high 18 kills and 15 digs for her double-double.
• Felver tallied 11 kills and 15 digs to complete her double-double.
• Janel Ruhlman also led offensively with 13 kills. She also had three digs and three blocks.
• Carrigan Gray registered a season-high 49 assists to pace the offense. She also had 13 digs to help out defensively.
• Bianca Negron finished with a match-high 24 digs.
• Tylar Roberson and Emily Arnold led the Lourdes attack with 18 and 14 kills respectively.
• Carol Gonclaves controlled the offense with 39 assists. She also led the defense with 18 digs.
• Alli Plasencio (16 digs), Monique Oliveira (13), Niki Polce (11), and Emily Drenth (10) contributed on defense.
The Saints continue their road trip as they visit Concordia University (Mich.) in Ann Arbor tomorrow. The match is set for a 1:00 p.m., start.