ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's volleyball team defeated Rochester on the road in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) match in straight sets on Saturday afternoon. Senior Ashleigh Shay led the Saints with five blocks and tied for a match-high eight kills in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Rochester 0 (25-15, 25-17, 25-16)
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan (GAP)
Records: Siena (7-3, 2-1 WHAC), Rochester (2-13, 1-2 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Siena took an early 1-0 lead following a 25-15 game one decision. SHU totaled a .103 attack percentage while holding the Warriors to a hitting percentage of .040.
The Saints cruised to a 25-17 game-two victory to put the match score at two games to none in favor of Siena.
SHU closed out the match with a 25-16 advantage in game three. Siena hit a match-high .333 in the final set to improve to 2-1 in conference play.
• Janel Ruhlman and Shay led both teams with eight kills. Ruhlman also added a service ace and three blocks to her stat line.
• Christine Tylutki totaled seven kills, a service ace, and a block to help the team to a win.
• Carrigan Gray moved the ball on the attack as she finished with a match-high 23 assists on the day. She also contributed with three kills and five digs.
• Bianca Negron led the Saint defense with a match-high 14 digs while tallying two aces and an assist.
• Taylor Felver finished with 12 digs, three kills, one ace, and one block.
• Jaelynn Block led the Warriors with six kills.
• Jazlyn Teichow paced the offense with eight assists and also led the defense with eight digs.
• Emma Walters also contributed by tying Teichow for a team-high eight digs.
Siena returns home for a WHAC match against Indiana Tech at the SHU Fieldhouse this Wednesday, September 19. The match is scheduled for a 7:00 p.m., EDT start.