ADRIAN, MICH. -- The Siena Heights women's soccer team earn their first win on the season over Trinity International (Ill.) with a score 2-1. Marissa Young (Genoa, Ohio) had two shots, one being on goal to help lead Siena to a victor.
Final Score: Siena Heights 2, Trinity International (Ill.) 1
Location: Deerfield, Ill. (Schartner Field)
Records: Siena Heights (1-1), Trinity International (Ill.) (1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Neither team was able to capitalize on its chances in the first half and the score remained zeros at half time. The Saints edged the Trojans 11 to five in shots on goal for the period.
Mia Dronchi (West Bloomfield, Mich.) broke the tie after she scored off an assist from Elizabeth Furgason (Haslett, Mich.) to give SHU the 1-0 lead in the 57th minute of play. The Trojans answered back as Makena Walker scored off an assist from Kalie Rice to bring the game to a tie. in the 66th minute of play. The final push for the Saints succeeded as Young scored off an assist from Dronchi in the 67th minute of play and would earn the win for SHU as Trinity International couldn't push back.
• Young recorded two shots, one which was on goal to help put the Saints on the board.
• Dronchi recorded one shot, which was on goal to secure SHU the win. She also had one assist.
• Furgason led the Saints with seven shots, four which were on goal.
• Sophia Lentz (W, 1-1) save four of the five shots she faced between the pipes for SHU
• Makena Walker recorded one shot, which was on goal to give the Trojans their lone goal.
• Lauren Henn led Trinity International with five shots, two of which were on goal.
• Rebecca Wells (L, 0-1) saved nine of the 11 shots she faced in 90 minutes of play for the Trojans.
The Saints travel to face Robert Morris (Ill.) this Monday, September 2nd. The game is scheduled to kick-off at 12:00 p.m. CDT