SIOUX CITY, IOWA -- The 5th-seed Siena Heights women's basketball team fell to 4th-seed Bryan College 72-68 in the first round of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) National Championship in the Tyson Event Center in Sioux City, Iowa on Wednesday night. Peyton Banks (Wadsworth, Ohio) scored 13 of her 19 points in the second half as she led the Saints with a double-double in points and rebounds (11) in the losing effort.
Final Score: Bryan 72, Siena Heights 68
Location: Sioux City, Iowa (Tyson Events Center)
Records: Bryan (Tenn.) (29-2), Siena Heights (27-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Banks finished 8-15 from the floor for her game-high 19 points.
• Russell shot 5-8 from the floor and 6-9 from the charity stripe for 16 points. She pulled down three boards also.
• Minor completed the game with nine points and six rebounds.
• Tomczak scored eight points, six of which came from the free throws.
• Votava and Wyman each finished with seven points.
• Anaya Powell (Grand Rapids, Mich.) led with a game-high eight assists.
• Tristan McClellan led the Lions with 18 points.
• Shayla Ludy had a game-high 12 rebounds.
SEASON WRAP UP
With the loss, the Saints are eliminated from the NAIA tournament and their season comes to an end a 27-6 overall record. Siena Heights had a 17-3 mark in conference play to finish second in the league standings.