ADRIAN, Mich. -- The 18th-ranked Siena Heights women's basketball team rolled through Wright State-Lake 111-55 on Senior Day. Demi Russell (Toledo, Ohio) scored 14 points to lead the Saints seniors.
Final Score: Siena Heights 111, Wright State-Lake 55
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (26-4), Wright State-Lake (4-16)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints jumped out to a 4-0 lead but a three-point jumper at the 6:12 mark of the first quarter tied things up. Following a layup by Russell, another three-point make for the Lakers gave them their only lead, 11-10, with 4:46 to play in the opening quarter. The rest of the game was all Siena as the lead grew to 12 points (26-14) at the end of the first quarter.
The Saints outscored Wright State-Lake 36-16 in the second quarter to hold a commanding, 62-30 lead as the teams entered the locker room at the half. A 23-11 third-quarter advantage for SHU pushed the lead to 85-41. The bench cleared for the Saints for much of the second half resulting in a 64-16 win in bench points for Siena Heights. The Saints shot 58% from the floor, 54.2% from beyond the arc, and 90% from the free-throw line.
• Russell added eight rebounds to her 14-point outing.
• Kelsey Wyman (Blissfield, Mich.) led the Saints with 19 points on 8-10 shooting. She was a perfect 2-2 from three-point land. She hauled in four rebounds.
• Shelby Morrow (Flushing, Mich.) finished with a career-high 18 points. She was 7-10 from the floor and 4-5 from behind the arc. She also pulled down six boards.
• Sha'kyia Parker (Grand Rapids, Mich.) came off the bench and score 10 points on 3-3 shooting, all for three points.
• Peyton Banks (Wadsworth, Ohio) tallied nine points and four rebounds.
• Addyson Tomczak (Bay City, Mich.) scored nine points and dished four assists.
• Kiana Votava (Port Huron, Mich.) finished with eight points, three rebounds, three assists. two steals, and two blocks.
• Ziona Williams led the Lakers with 20 points.
• Mallory Barnes led the team with eight rebounds.
The Saints will host Rochester on Thursday, February 27 at 7:30 p.m., EST, in the opening round of the WHAC Tournament. The Saints secured the second seed while Rochester enters as the seventh seed.