ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's basketball team rolled past Northwestern Ohio 73-37 to start Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) competition 1-0. Kelsey Wyman (Blissfield, Mich.) led the Saints with 14 points off the bench in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 73, UNOH 37
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (3-0, 1-0 WHAC), UNOH (1-5, 0-1 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints jumped out to a 10-0 start early as the Racers struggled on offense in the first quarter. UNOH shot 9.1% from the field in the opening quarter and didn't score its first bucket until the 2:16 mark. Siena Heights held a 14-2 lead when the quarter ended.
Siena extended its lead even further in the second with a 36-19 advantage as both teams entered the locker room at the half.
The Saints continued to dominate play and further extend the lead after third-quarter scoring of 18 points and another 19 in the fourth. SHU outscored the Racers 37-18 in the second half on the way to the huge win.
• Wyman shot 6-10 from the field including two jumpers from three-point land to lead the team in scoring. She also helped out on the defensive end with three rebounds and a block.
• Patriellia Whittington (Grand Rapids, Mich.) finished with a team-high eight rebounds and four assists. She also totaled a steal and four points.
• Demi Russell (Toledo, Ohio) tallied 12 points on 6-13 shooting. She hauled in six boards as well.
• Addyson Tomczak (Bay City, Mich.) found her stroke in the game hitting three from deep on her way to 11 points.
• Peyton Banks (Wadsworth, Ohio) registered 11 points on 4-10 shooting from the floor and 1-3 from beyond the arc.
• Tori Lennartz led the Racers with 11 points.
• Tya Bell pulled down six rebounds to lead the team in that category.
• Erin Scott was the main distributor with three assists.
The Saints travel to Ann Arbor, Michigan this Saturday, November 16 for a WHAC game against Concordia (Mich.). That game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:30 p.m., EST.