ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's basketball team wins its sixth-straight game to end the regular season with a 78-57 win over Cornerstone on Saturday afternoon. Alyssa Larson continued to lead the Saints in points with 19 to propel the team to the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 78, Cornerstone 57
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (23-7, 15-5 WHAC), Cornerstone (2-28, 1-19 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints outscored the Golden Eagles 22-8 in the first quarter and would never look back in the game. Cornerstone rallied in the second quarter by scoring 16 points in the 10-minutes, but would still trail big (39-24) at the half.
The Saints tallied 18 points in the third to increase the lead to 21 points going into the final quarter. The Golden Eagles tied the Saints with 21 points in the fourth to keep the deficit the same as the clock hit double zero.
Siena Heights outpaced Cornerstone in points in the paint (34-20), points off turnovers (24-10), second chance points (13-11), fast break points (6-2), and bench points (30-19).
• Larson added seven rebounds, two blocks, and an assist to her game-high 19 points.
• Demi Russell tallied 13 points for Siena off the bench.
• Kiana Votava was the third Saint in double-digits with 10 points. She also hauled in five rebounds.
• Sharmaine Wills pulled down 10 defensive rebounds on her way to a game-high total of 12.
• Shelby Nyboer led the Golden Eagles with 13 points.
• Taylor Richards tallied 11 points and led the team with eight rebounds.
The Saints will host a first-round game in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) tournament on Wednesday, February 20. The game is set to tip at 7:30 p.m. The matchups will be announced by the conference on Monday.