ADRIAN, Mich. -- Freshman Peyton Banks tallied a career-high 31 points to lead the (RV) Saints past (3) Indiana Tech 70-60 on Wednesday night in the SHU Fieldhouse. The loss ends the Warriors 23 game winning streak that dates back to November 3, 2018.
Final Score: Siena Heights 70, Indiana Tech 60
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (20-7, 13-5 WHAC), Indiana Tech (24-2, 16-1 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Neither team could pull ahead in the first quarter as the Warriors held an 18-16 lead at the end of the first 10 minutes.
Indiana Tech used a 9-0 run in the opening four minutes of the second quarter to take 27-18 with 6:27 remaining before the half. The lead was eight as the teams headed into the locker room at the intermission.
The Saints started the second half with a 5-0 run to cut the deficit to just three points (34-31). Alyssa Larson hit a layup to put the Warrior lead at just two before Anaya Powell hit a jumper to knot things up at 41 with 3:36 left in the third. Indiana Tech was able to hold onto the slimmest of leads (45-44) at the end of the third.
Siena used a 6-0 run to take a 52-47 lead with 7:19 left to play. A 13-0 run by the Saints in the final minutes of the fourth quarter proved to be the difference as the Warriors just couldn't keep pace.
• Peyton Banks shot 6-10 from the floor, 2-4 from three, and 17-18 from the free throw line to tally her 31 points. She also hauled in six rebounds, two assists, and a steal.
• Alyssa Larson finished with 10 points and seven rebounds.
• Anaya Powell recorded 12 points and tied a game-high four assists.
• Alexis Hill led the Warriors with 13 points.
• Rachel Bell tied Powell with the game-high four assists while totaling 10 points.
• Kendall Knapke hauled in nine rebounds and scored 11 points.
The Saints travel to Ann Arbor for a date with Concordia (Mich.) on Wednesday, February 13. The game is the final regular season road contest for the Saints and will tip-off at 6:00 p.m.