GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's basketball team never trailed in a 78-60 win over Cornerstone on the road Saturday afternoon. Demi Russell led the Saints with 22 points and eight rebounds in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 78, Cornerstone 60
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Mol Arena)
Records: Siena Heights (3-2, 2-2 WHAC), Cornerstone (1-8, 0-2 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints jumped out to a quick 9-2 run in the first quarter and never looked back for the remainder of the game. SHU had a 16-4 lead when the quarter was finished.
Siena outscored Cornerstone 21-15 in the second quarter to increase its lead to 37-19 when the teams entered the locker room at the half.
The Golden Eagles scored 21 points in the third quarter to cut the Saint lead by one point. SHU finished with a 21-point fourth quarter to put the game away.
• Russell shot 10-15 from the floor and made both of her free throw attempts in the game. Seven of her eight rebounds came on the defensive end. She also tallied a team-high four assists.
• Alyssa Larson tallied 21 points off the bench. She was 10-14 shooting and tallied four rebounds.
• Peyton Banks was the final Saint to register double-digit points with 12. She also pulled down two rebounds and two assists.
• Shelby Nyboer led the Golden Eagles with 21 points and six rebounds in the losing effort.
• Mya Udell tallied 12 points and five rebounds for Cornerstone.
The Saints will host crosstown rival Adrian College on Tuesday, November 20. The game is set to tip off at 7:30 p.m.