SOUTHFIELD, Mich. -- The Siena Heights women's basketball team outscored Lawrence Tech 25-15 in the fourth quarter to pull out the 63-56 win in the team's first game of the season. Addyson Tomczak led the Saints with 13 points in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 63, Lawrence Tech 56
Location: Southfield, Michigan (Don Ridler Field House)
Records: Siena Heights (1-0), Lawrence Tech (2-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints shot 20-57 (35.1%) from the floor and 18-23 (78.3%) from the free throw line. Siena Heights held a six-point lead (20-14) at the conclusion of the first quarter.
The Blue Devils outscored SHU 14-6 in the second quarter to gain a two-point lead (28-26) as the teams went into the locker room for halftime.
Lawrence Tech kept the lead, 41-38, at the end of the third quarter. The Saints exploded in the fourth quarter with the team's 10-point advantage in the fourth quarter that sealed the game for Siena Heights.
• Tomczak shot 4-10 from the floor, 3-8 from beyond the three-point line, and 2-2 from the charity stripe.
• Anaya Powell also scored double-digit points for the Saints with 10 while also tying a team-high three steals. She also contributed by hauling in seven rebounds.
• Kiana Votava scored seven points and pulled down a team-high eight boards.
• Sharmaine Wills had eight points, six rebounds, and three steals.
• Kendall Fisher led the Blue Devils with 15 points and five steals.
• Danielle Hanson and Teryn Kline scored double-digit points with 13 and 10 respectively.
• Hanson also led LTU with nine rebounds.
The Saints remain on the road with a game at Great Lakes Christian on Monday, November 5. The game is scheduled for a 6:00 p.m., tip off.