ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's volleyball team earned a big win over No. 10 Indiana Tech in four sets on Friday night. Keegan Crawford (Columbus, Ohio) paced the Saints attack with 50 assists on the night.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, #10 Indiana Tech 1 (25-20, 31-29, 25-15, 25-23)
Location: Adrian, Mich. (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (2-1, 1-1 WHAC), Indiana Tech (8-2, 4-1 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints outhit the Warriors in the first two sets to take the 2-0 lead. Both sets were close with the first one having eight ties and the second having 14 ties and going to extra points before it was decided. Siena Heights hit .333 and .282 in the first two sets respectively. Indiana Tech struggled in the first set with a .067 and rebounded a bit in the second with a .233.
The third set was all Tech as they smashed the ball with a .536 hitting percentage as they took set three 25-15 and cut the Saint lead to 2-1. Both teams saw their hitting dip in the fourth set with Siena Heights experienced its lowest of the night with a .200. The Warriors hit .081 in what would prove to be the final set of the match.
• Alex Garavalia (Kouts, Ind.) had a match-high 16 kills in the winning effort. He also added six digs and two blocks while hitting .244 for the evening.
• Crawford added three kills (.429) and seven digs to his stat-line.
• Bryce Johnson (Pickerington, Ohio) and Kevin Gomez (La Estrella, Colombia) each tallied 12 kills. Johnson added three blocks and three digs while Gomez finished with three service aces and three digs.
• Tech was led by Daynte Stewart with 14 kills and 10 digs.
• Brandon Jones set the tone with 38 assists.
The Saints host #4 Lourdes on Sunday, February 21 at 2:00 p.m., EST.