GOSHEN, IND. -- The Siena Heights men's volleyball team defeated Goshen 3-0 on the road on Friday night. Emilier De Jesus (Chesterton, Ind.) led the Saint defense with a match-high 17 digs.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Goshen 0 (25-18, 25-19, 27-25)
Location: Goshen, Indiana (Gunden Gym)
Records: Siena Heights (12-6, 3-1 WHAC), Goshen (Ind.) (7-5, 2-2 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints used a 4-0 run to pull ahead 12-6 in the first set. Goshen cut the lead to three, but Siena Heights used four-straight points to add some cushion before a 25-18 win and a 1-0 lead.
The Maple Leafs jumped out to a 6-1 lead in the second but the Saints rallied to cut the lead to 10-6. SHU scored three-consecutive points to come within one point of tying the score until a 7-0 run gave SHU a 17-12 advantage and they never looked back on the way to a 2-0 lead.
Set three was close throughout with the Saints never holding a lead higher than four points. Goshen held set point but a service error followed by an attack error tied the score at 24. The Maple Leafs scored again to have set point, 25-24, but a 3-0 run by Siena gave the Saints the set and match.
• The Saints out hit Goshen .248-.144 for the match. Siena had matches of .333, .278. and .170.
• Kevin Gomez (La Estrella, Colombia) finished with a team-high 12 kills, three assists, a service ace, four digs, and four blocks.
• Bryce Johnson (Pickerington, Ohio) tallied 10 kills, an assist, four digs, and a block.
• Keegan Crawford (Columbus, Ohio) paced the Siena Heights attack with 36 assists. He also added five kills, eight digs, and a block.
• Shevin Blades (Bridgetown, Barbados), Jakob Pickett (Carmel, Ind.), and Evan Cashen (St. Joseph, Mich.) each had six kills. Blades had a team-high five blocks. Pickett finished with three blocks and Cashen had six digs and three blocks.
• Alexander Rabadzhiev had a match-high 15 kills.
• Michael Wahl had 33 assists to set the tone for the Maple Leafs.
• Elias Baer led the defensive effort with 10 digs.
Siena Heights returns home to host Olivet on Tuesday, February 18. The match is set to begin at 7:30 p.m., EST.