ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's volleyball team defeated Cincinnati Christian in straight sets on Friday night in the SHU Fieldhouse. Emmanuel Chaidez led the team with 10 kills in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Cincinnati Christian 0 (25-11, 25-11, 25-13)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (18-9), Cincinnati Christian (1-24)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Siena totaled 15 kills (.480) in set one to take the 1-0 lead after winning 25-11. A 4-0 run gave the Saints a 6-1 advantage and a 5-0 run extended the lead to 16-5 as SHU breezed through the set for the victory.
The Saints used runs of 7-0 and 5-0 to pull ahead 17-7 in the second set. Siena topped its first-set marks with 17 kills (.609) on the way to taking the 2-0 lead.
The Eagles rallied back from a 9-2 deficit to cut the lead to just two points (14-12) but the Saints kept marching to a 25-13 decision and took the match.
• Keegan Crawford paced the SHU attack with 28 assists.
• Chaidez added two blocks to his stat line of 10 kills.
• Emilier De Jesus led the defense with seven digs while adding seven kills and two blocks.
• Bryce Johnson led the team with four blocks. He also registered seven kills, one assist, a service ace, and a dig.
• Anthony Vasek, Isac Kenney, and Braden Shelley led the Eagles with four kills.
• Mason Cobler was the leading setter with eight assists.
• Michael Hiroskey finished with a team-high six digs.
The Saints will travel to Sylvania, Ohio to compete in the first round of the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) men's volleyball tournament. Siena finishes the regular season third in the standings and will face second-seeded Aquinas at 5:00 p.m. next Friday, April 5.