SOUTHFIELD, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's volleyball team earned its third win in Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) play with a 3-1 win over Lawrence Tech on Wednesday night. Freshman Evan Cashen led the Saints with 14 kills in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Lawrence Tech 1 (25-18, 20-25, 25-18, 25-18)
Location: Southfield, Michigan (Don Ridler Field House)
Records: Siena Heights (15-8, 3-3 WHAC), Lawrence Tech (15-13, 2-6 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Siena took a 1-0 lead with a seven-point win in the first set. The Saints registered nine kills (.174). Lawrence Tech struggled with nine kills and 10 errors for a negative hitting percentage.
SHU tallied another nine kills in the second set, but the Blue Devils recorded 11 kills (.259) to even things up with a 25-20 set two win.
The Saints dominated the third set with 17 kills (.282) while holding Lawrence Tech to only nine. Siena Heights took a 2-1 lead with a 25-18 decision.
SHU finished the match with 16 kills (.324) in the fourth set for a 25-18 decision to earn the victory.
• Cashen added seven digs to his match-high 14 kills.
• Alex Garavalia finished with 13 kills and tied for a team-high six blocks.
• Bryce Johnson had eight kills and six blocks.
• Keegan Crawford paced the Saints with 36 assists.
• Emilier De Jesus led the SHU defense with 13 digs.
• Joshua Eckert led Lawrence Tech with 14 kills.
• Lawrence Patton finished with 32 assists.
• Javier Contreras had a team-high 16 digs.
The Saints return home to host Goshen on Saturday, March 23. The match is set for an opening serve at 3:00 p.m.