GOSHEN, Ind. -- The Siena Heights men's volleyball team swept Goshen in the first match of the day before defeating Geneva 3--1 to end the day in Gunden Gym at Goshen College. Evan Cashen led the Saints in match one with 12 kills before adding nine in the second match for a total of 21 kills on the day.
Final Scores: Game 1: SHU 3, GC 0 (25-15, 25-22, 25-18) | Game 2: SHU 3, Geneva 1 (18-25, 25-14, 25-19, 27-25)
Location: Goshen, Indiana (Gunden Gym)
Record: Siena Heights (9-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Siena jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead over Goshen with a 25-15 decision in game one after the team had 15 kills (.667). The Saints put the Maple Leafs on their heels after a close 25-22 (.194) advantage in the second set. Siena's defense won the third game 25-18 after holding Goshen to a -.033 team hitting percentage in the set.
Against Geneva, the Saints fell behind after a 25-18 first game win for Geneva. Siena bounced back with a 25-14 win to knot things up in the set score. SHU won game three 25-19 to take a 2-1 lead before pulling out the win with a game four that required extra points to conclude (27-25).
• Cashen had matches of 12 kills, four digs and one block (match 1) and nine kills and seven digs (match 2).
• Emmanuel Chaizdez finished with nine kills and three blocks in match one before registering nine kills and two blocks in the final match of the day.
• Keegan Crawford had 79 assists to pace the Saints for the day.
• Emilier De Jesus led Siena Heights with 23 digs to lead the defense in the two victories.
• Goshen: Alexander Rabadzhiev 12 kills, Lucas Sauder 26 assists, Isaac Longenecker 6 digs.
• Geneva: Spencer York 10 kills, Anthony Baronio 34 assists and 10 digs.
The Saints return to Adrian, Michigan to host crosstown rival Adrian College on Tuesday, February 19. The first serve is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.