ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's volleyball team earned a 3-1 win over Lawrence Tech in the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) home-opening match on Wednesday night. Keegan Crawford paced the Saint attack with 34 assists in the win.
Final Score: Siena Heights 3, Lawrence Tech 1 (25-16, 25-14, 17-25, 25-16)
Location: Adrian, Mich. (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (4-1, 1-0 WHAC), Lawrence Tech (3-4, 1-1 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints tallied a .361 attack percentage in a 25-16 win in the first set to jump out to a quick 1-0 lead. Emilier De Jesus compiled four of his six kills in the set to lead the Saints to the lead.
Game two was all Siena Heights as Emmanuel Chaidez totaled four kills and a block to give SHU a 2-0 lead. The third set saw the Saints with their only negative hitting percentage (-.031) as the Blue Devils were able to pull within a game after a 25-17 decision.
Alex Garavalia dominated the fourth set with six kills that helped seal the win. The Saints hit a staggering .481 in the final set of the match while the defense totaled 3.0 blocks.
• Garavalia finished with 13 kills, six digs, and five blocks to lead the Saint hitters.
• Chaidez tallied 12 kills and three blocks in the winning effort.
• Crawford helped on both sides of the ball, adding four kills and eight digs to his numbers on the night.
• De Jesus led the defensive effort with a game-high 14 digs.
• Calvin Ooms led LTU with 14 kills in the loss. He also finished with 10 digs.
• Gospel Sua finished with 35 assists to set the tone for the Blue Devils offense.
• Stefan Sretenovic had 12 digs to lead the defense.
• Max Jewett recorded four blocks.
The Saints stay at home to host Aquinas in another WHAC contest on Friday night at the SHU Fieldhouse. The first serve is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.