TIFFIN, Ohio -- The Siena Heights men's and women's track and field team began the indoor season at the Tiffin Alumni Open on Saturday afternoon. Naythan Haslam won the 400-meter run in his collegiate debut with a time of 50.68 seconds. Asia Gardner highlighted the women's team with a win in the finals of the 60-meter dash with an automatic qualifying time of 7.72 seconds and a second-place finish in the 300-meter run with a personal-best finish of 42.07 seconds.
OTHER TOP MEN'S FINISHERS
• Rees Nemeth finished fourth in the pole vault by clearing the bar at 4.43m (14' 6.25").
• Robert Drew placed 7th in the weight throw with a best throw of 15.95m (52' 4").
OTHER TOP WOMEN'S FINISHERS
• Midrenae Young Brooks auto-qualified for the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.04 seconds for third. She also finished fifth in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.81.
• Kierra Rice finished just after Young Brooks in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.07. She also competed in the 200-meter run, finishing 17th with a time of 28.09.
• Abigail Bansen set a personal best in the triple jump with a leap of 10.78m (35' 4.5") for a fifth-place finish.
• Haley Hudson was fifth in the shot put with an automatic-qualifying throw of 13.57m (44' 6.25").
• Madisyn Kleinschmit was sixth in the 300-meter run with a personal-best time of 43.54.
• Rachel O'Neill recorded a sixth-place finish in the weight throw with a heave of 15.90m (52' 2"). She finished 20th in the shot put with a throw of 10.71m (35' 1.75").
• Courtney Taylor placed eighth in the shot put with a 12.61m (41' 4.5") throw.
• Julia Forbes had eighth-place finishes in both the long jump (5.14m [16' 10.5"]) and the triple jump (1018m [33' 4.75"]).
• Emily Hill had a ninth-place finish in the 200-meter run with a time of 27.35.
• Terria Fisher finished just behind Hill in the 200-meter run in 27.44.
Both teams will travel to compete in the Saginaw Valley State University Holiday Meet on Friday and Saturday, December 7 and 8.