SYLVANIA, Ohio. -- The Siena Heights men's soccer team fell to Wolveriene-Hoosier Athletic Conference opponent Lourdes, on Friday afternoon. Andrew Kozan (L, 3-3) made seven stops in net for the Saints in the final conference matchup of the season.
Final Score: Lourdes 1, Siena Heights 0
Location: Sylvania, Ohio (Wildcat Stadium)
Records: Lourdes (6-12, 4-7 WHAC), Siena Heights (7-10-1, 4-6-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Wildcats offense pressed as they registered 13 shots in the first half compared to the Saints' five. The first half remained a scoreless deadlock for 35 minutes as neither team was able to find the back of the net. N'Flay Diallo broke the tie as he picked up the misplay in the box by SHU goalkeeper Kozan to give Lourdes the 1-0 lead that remained through the half.
The second half became aggressive as both teams picked up 10 fouls. The Saints gained momentum as they put up five shots compared to the Wildcats' six. SHU's push to score the equalizer came up short and Lourdes held on for the win.
• Gustavo Barros (Junior, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul) recorded three shots, one of which was on goal.
• Matheus Santos (Freshman, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul) tallied three shots, one of which was on goal.
• Diallo had the Wildcats' lone goal and recorded three shots on goal.
• Andris Klempert tallied three shots.
• Jorge Mendoza (W,1-2) and Garrett Baxley each had two saves in their shared time of play.
The Saints drop their record to 4-6-1 in the conference with tallying 13 points. SHU currently sit in 7th place and Lourdes remain in 10th. The Saints will find out the seedings for the WHAC tournament after the conclusion of tomorrow's WHAC contests.
The Saints will kickoff the WHAC tournament on Saturday, November 9th. The opponent and time is to be determined until the conclusion of the remained WHAC contest's on Saturday, November 2nd.