FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- The Siena Heights men's soccer team dropped a 6-1 Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference contest to Indiana Tech, on Saturday afternoon. Justin Gray (Senior, Fraser, Mich.) scored the Saints' lone goal.
Final Score: Indiana Tech 6, Siena Heights 1
Location: Fort Wayne, Ind. (Warriors Athletic Stadium)
Records: Indiana Tech (8-4, 5-0 WHAC), Siena Heights (5-7, 2-3 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints were able to put themselves on the board first as Gray netted a ball off an assist by Matheus Marrote (Freshman, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul) after the Warriors goalkeeper made a bad clear in the 17th minute. Indiana Tech scored the equalizer as Jaxon Simerman found the back of the net from a pass in the box by Luke Jones in the 29th minute. The rest of the half was a draw and the game remained tied at half. The Warriors put up 13 shots compared to SHU's five.
The Warriors put up 14 shots in the second half compared to SHU's three. Indiana Tech's offense dominated as they scored five goals in the second half in the 56th, 65th, 67th, 82nd, and 88th minute. The Saints struggled offensively against the Warriors defense as they were not able to put themselves on the board in the second half and Indiana Tech earned the victory.
• Gray earned his fourth goal on the season.
• Marrote tallied his second assist on the season.
• Leo Hisamatsu (L, 2-4) made nine saves between the pipes for the Saints.
• Simerman, James Ohms, and Pablo Torne each recorded a goal. Noe Garcia scored three goals.
• Will Harris and Ryan Steele each earned an assist. Jones earned two assists.
• Edwin Rosado (W, 7-2) two saves in the 90 minutes of play for the Warriors.
The Saints return home to face Cornerstone in a WHAC contest on Wednesday, October 16th. The game is scheduled to kick off at 7:00 p.m. EDT.