ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's soccer team fell on the team's home opener to RV Huntington (Ind.) 2-0 on Tuesday night. Leo Hisamatsu (L, 0-1) made five stops in net for the Saints in the losing effort.
Final Score: Huntington (Ind.) 2, Siena Heights 0
Location: Adrian, Michigan (O'Laughlin Stadium)
Records: Huntington (Ind.) (1-0), Siena Heights (0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The game kicked off after a 1:28 weather delay. Jake Erlandson put the Foresters on the board first with a penalty kick at the 10:14 mark of the first half. Huntington edged Siena on shots in the first half 7-3, 2 of which were on goal. The Saints took 2 shots while Huntington had 1 in the first half.
The Saints first scoring opportunity in the second half came in the 61st minute when junior Justin Gray (Fraser, Mich.) received a pass at the top of the box but was thwarted by Forester goalkeeper Gabriel Greenfield (W, 1-0). Luke Unger doubled the Huntington lead with a goal at 74:33 into the game off an assist with Valentin De Coninck. Siena Heights has a free kick in the 84th minute by Gray that was saved by Greenfield to preserve the 2-0 Forester advantage. Huntington edged the Saints 6-5 in saves and 16-7 in shots for the game. Siena Heights had three corner kicks to Huntington's two.
• Senior Chris Ornelas (Belding, Mich.) led the Saints with four shots, three on goal.
• Justin Gray finished with two shots, both of which were on goal.
• Junior Uthman Babatunde (Lagos, Nigeria) tallied one shot on goal.
• Erlandson and Unger each scored for the Foresters.
• De Coninck recorded one assist.
• Greenfield finished with six saves to earn a shutout victory between the pipes for Huntington.
The Saints will host Goshen (Ind.) on Tuesday, August 27th at 7:00 p.m.