ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team lost, against Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) opponent Concordia (Mich.) on Saturday afternoon. Kevin Rice (Sr. | Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints with a double-double earning a team-high of 17 points and 10 rebounds. He also tallied two assists and one block.
Final Score: Concordia (Mich.) 65, Siena Heights 57
Location: Adrian, Mich. (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Concordia (Mich.) (6-9, 4-6 WHAC), Siena Heights (2-9, 2-8 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Rice made a three-pointer to start the game for the Saints within the first two minutes. The Cardinals tied things up at three's as Bernard Kasanda made a layup while Matt Lockhart made a free-throw. The remainder of the half was back and forth as the score between the two teams was tied four times and the lead changed seven times. Siena went on a 6-0 run as Curtis Bell III (Jr. | St. Paul, Minn) contributed five points and Rice contributed one earning their largest lead in the game of seven-points (30-23). Concordia answered as they went on an 8-2 run as Thomas Hronis, Jordan Winowiecki, and Colton Ritsema all contributed points sending the game into half with them in the lead 36-32.
The Saints cut the deficit to two points ( 41-29) as Jay Kirby (Jr. | Farmington Hills, Mich.), Rice, and Bell contributed points. Siena went on a 9-0 run to regain the lead 55-52 as Jordan Wyckoff (Sr. | Detroit, Mich.), Jace Norton (So. | Portland, Oregon), and Rice contributed points with 7:28 left in the half. The Cardinals regained the lead (59-55) after Bernard Kasanda made a jumper and Zackary Johnson scored a three-pointer. Concordia closed the deal as they went on a 6-0 run and Siena's final push came up short to earn them the 65-57 win.
• Rice went 7-12 from the floor, 2-4 beyond the arc, and 1-2 from the charity stripe.
• Bell tallied 11 points, seven rebounds, and two assists. He went 5-10 from the floor and 1-1 on free-throw attempts.
• Norton recorded eight points, one rebound, and one steal. He went 3-9 from the floor and 2-8 on three-point attempts.
• Thomas Hronis led the Cardinals with a team-high of 19 points, three rebounds, and one assist. He went 7-11 from the floor and 5-9 beyond the arc.
• Zackary Johnson earned 14 points, four rebounds, two assists. He went 5-11 from the floor, 3-6 on three-point attempts, and 1-2 from the charity stripe.
• Colton Ritsema tallied 11 points, two rebounds, and two assists. He went 5-9 from the floor and 1-1 on free-throw attempts.
• Bernard Kasanda had a team-high of eight assists, three steals, and six rebounds tied with Matt Lockhart.
The Saints host Indiana Tech in a WHAC (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference) contest for their final regular-season game on Tuesday, February 23rd. Tip-off is set for 8:00 PM, EST.