LIMA, Ohio -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team swept the season series against fWHAC (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference) opponent UNOH as they earned their second win, 72-63, on Wednesday night. Curtis Bell III (Jr. | St. Paul, Minn.) led the game as he earned a career-high of 21 points as a Saint and a team-high of nine assists. He also recorded seven rebounds and one steal.
Final Score: Siena Heights 72, UNOH 62
Location: Lima, Ohio | The Garage
Records: Siena Heights (2-8, 2-7 WHAC), UNOH (0-14, 0-11)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints jumped out to a 10-0 run that gave them the 18-9 lead that was sparked by a three-pointer from Bell and ended with Kevin Rice (Sr. | Detroit, Mich.) draining a three-point shot. The Racers answered as they cut the deficit to three points (18-15) as Cedric Delancy made a layup at the 11:28 mark. Siena kept the momentum going as they once again went on a 10-0 run as Jordan Wyckoff (Sr. | Detroit, Mich.), Bell, Rice, and Jace Norton (So. | Portland, Oregon) contributed points to earn them a 14-point lead (29-15). Donta Henry, Hunter Bode, and Cedric Delancy all contributed points for UNOH to update the score to 36-21 where it would stay sending the game into intermission.
The Racers rallied as they earned a 10-2 run in the opening four minutes of the half to cut the deficit to seven-points (38-31). UNOH kept grinding as they cut they were only down by two points after Isaac Golson made a layup with 14:52 left in the game. The Saints answered as Jay Kirby (Jr. | Farmington Hills, Mich.) drained two big three-pointers while Rice made a pair of free throws to give them a double-digit lead (49-39). UNOH kept in reach as Jesse Ditto and Cedric Delancy respectively made layups to update the score to 51-47. Siena pulled away as they went on a 10-0 run that was sparked by a layup from Rice and ended with a pair of free-throws from Bell. The Saints never looked back as they increased their lead the remainder of the half. Hunter Bode drained a three-pointer buzzer-beater to cut the deficit to 10 points earning SHU the win.
• Bell went 6-9 from the floor, 1-2 beyond the arc, and 8-10 from the free-throw line.
• Rice earned a double-double with 17 points and a team-high of 10 rebounds. He also earned one assist and two blocks.
• Kirby and Joshua Moody (So. | Detroit, Mich.) respectively tallied 13 points.
• Jesse Ditto had a team-high of 12 points, five rebounds, and two steals. He went 5-8 from the floor and 2-2 from the charity stripe.
• Hunter Bode recorded 11 points, a team-high of seven rebounds, and a team-high of five assists.
• Aaron Hammond and Isaac Golson respectively tallied nine points.
The Saints return home to face Concordia in a WHAC (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference) contest on Saturday, February 20th. Tip-off is set for 3:00 PM, EST.