ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball fell to WHAC (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference) opponent Lourdes, 78-57, on Sunday afternoon. Kevin Rice (Sr. | Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints with a team-high of 16 points, two rebounds, and two assists.
Final Score: Lourdes, 78, Siena Heights 57
Location: Sylvania, Ohio (Ebeid Rec. Center)
Records: Lourdes (7-3, 5-1 WHAC), Siena Heights (1-8, 1-7 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Gray Wolves jumped out to a 9-2 run at the 16:20 mark that was sparked by a layup from Julian Egbo and ended with a layup from Mike Bruce. The Saints cut the deficit to two points, 11-7, earning a 5-0 run as Rice and Curtis Bell III (Jr. | St. Paul, Minn.) contributed points. Lourdes gained some cushion with an 8-2 run as a pair of free-throws were good from Little Anderson giving them a double-digit lead 19-9. Elijah Kimmons (Fr. | Madison, Wis.) had two layups as Rice made a free throw for Siena to put them down by five points, 19-14, where the score would stay for two minutes. The Gray Wolves went on a 5-0 run to send the game into intermission with them in a 15-point lead, 35-20.
Siena went on a 7-0 run as Jay Kirby (Jr. | Farmington Hills, Mich.), London Gillery (Fr. | Detroit, Mich), and Rice contributed points to update the score 44-31. Lourdes built a 60-40 lead with 6:52 left in the game as Deuce Martin made a layup and never looked back for the remainder of the game. They continued to build upon the lead in the remainder of the game and the Saints never closed the gap to single digits. Siena went on a 5-0 run to close out the game as Kimmons made a pair of free throws and Dominque Cole (Fr. | Toledo, Ohio) drained a three-pointer but it wasn't enough earning the Gray Wolves the win.
• Rice went 6-9 from the floor, 1-2 beyond the arc, and 3-4 from the charity stripe.
• Bell tallied 10 points, a team-high of five rebounds, two assists, one steal, and one block. He went 3-10 from the floor and 4-5 on free-throws.
• Gillery recorded seven points, three rebounds, one assist, and one block. He went 3-4 from the floor and 1-1 beyond the arc.
• Julian Egbo led the Gray Wolves with a team-high of 18 points, eight rebounds, and two steals. He went 7-13 from the floor, 1-2 on three-pointers, and 3-4 from the charity stripe.
• Clif Snow earned 13 points, tied a team-high of nine rebounds, a team-high of three assists, and one block. He went 4-12 from the floor, 2-5 beyond the arc, and 3-4 on free-throws.
• Brett Lauf tallied 13 points, four rebounds, and two assists. He went 6-11 from the floor and 1-1 from the charity stripe.
• Little Anderson tied a team-high of nine rebounds with Snow.
The Saints take on UNOH for a road WHAC (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference) contest on Wednesday, February 17th. Tip-off is set for 7:30 PM.