ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team dropped a home WHAC (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference) match-up 55-53 against Rochester on Saturday afternoon. Kevin Rice (Sr. | Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints with a team-high of 22 points, three rebounds, two assists, and one block.
Final Score: Rochester 55, Siena Heights 53
Location: Adrian, Mich. | SHU Fieldhouse
Records: Rochester (7-2, 6-1 WHAC), Siena Heights (1-7, 1-6 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Warriors jumped out to a 7-2 run giving them the 9-4 lead at the 16:03 mark after Virgil Walker Jr. made a pair of free throws. The Saints answered back earning a 13-2 run sparked by a three-pointer from Rice and ended with a layup from rice to put them in the lead 20-15 with 6:03 left in the half. Rochester rallied as they regained the lead 21-20 with a pair of free throws from Andre Johnson at the 2:35 mark. The remainder of the half was back and forth as the teams exchanged possessions. Bryce Armstrong (Jr. | Ecorse, Mich.) drained a three-pointer to send the game into intermission with Siena in the lead 27-26.
The Saints earned their largest lead of the game by six points (36-30) after a jumper was good by Armstrong at the 16:36 mark. The Warriors went on a 12-2 run to propel them back in the lead 45-41 that was sparked by a three-pointer from Virgil Walker Jr. and ended with a layup from Noah Holly with 8:46 left of play. Siena fought earning a two-point lead 53-51 off a jumper good by Armstrong with 2:32 left in the game. Rochester's final push was successful with a 5-0 run as Andrew Kline scored a layup and Birgil Walker Jr. made a pair of free throws to secure them the 55-53 win.
• Rice went 8-17 from the floor, 1-2 beyond the arc, and 5-7 from the charity stripe.
• Armstrong earned 11 points as he went 5-10 from the floor and 1-6 on three-point attempts. He recorded two rebounds, one assist, and one steal.
• Curtis Bell III (Jr. | St. Paul, Minn.) tallied nine points, nine rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
• Jordan Wyckoff (Sr. | Detroit, Mich.) had a team-high of 10 rebounds.
• Noah Holly earned a team-high of 21 points, four rebounds, and one assist. He went 7-11 from the floor, 2-5 from beyond the arc, and 5-9 from the free-throw line.
• Virgil Walker Jr. scored 15 points, a team-high of eight rebounds, and one block. He went 3-7 from the floor, 1-3 on three-point attempts, and 8-17 from the charity stripe.
• Andre Johnson tallied seven points, one rebound, and one assist.
• Andrew Kline had a team-high of three assists. Cannon Campbell had a team-high of three steals.
The Saints travel to Lourdes for a WHAC (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference) contest tomorrow Sunday, February 14th at 3:00 PM.