ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team dropped a home WHAC (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference) game 72-66 against Lawrence Tech on Saturday afternoon. Kevin Rice (Sr. | Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints as he had a team-high of 19 points, a team-high of three assists, six rebounds, one steal, and one block.
Final Score: Lawrence Tech 72, Siena Heights 66
Location: Adrian, Mich. | SHU Fieldhouse
Records: Lawrence Tech (4-4, 2-3 WHAC), Siena Heights (1-5, 1-4 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The half started off with each team exchanging possessions as the score was back and forth. The Saints had a 5-0 run with a pair of free throws and a three-pointer from Curtis Bell III (Jr. | St. Paul, Minn.) that earned them a 16-11 lead at the 12:51 mark. The Blue Devils answered back as they had a 7-0 run off a pair of layups made by Gunnar Gustafson and a three-pointer from Alek Ivanovic that put them back in the lead 18-16 with 11:08 left in the half. Lawrence Tech kept the momentum going as they earned an 11-2 run updating the deficit to 36-29. Siena tried to rally as they had a 10-7 run as Jace Norton (So. | Portland, Oregon), Rice, and Bell all scored points but it wasn't enough as the game went into intermission with the Blue Devils in the lead 43-39.
Lawrence Tech jumped out to a 6-2 run with a three-pointer from Sanna Sisawo and Ivanovic and never looked back as they earned an eight-point lead (49-41). The Blue Devils continued to rally as they earned a 10-2 run to update the score 59-45 with 12:23 left of play. Lawrence Tech maintained momentum as they went on a 9-2 run that was sparked by a three-pointer from Ivanovic and Carter Frantz making three free-throws with 7:44 left in the game. The Saints rallied as they went on a 12-2 run sparked by Elijah Kimmons (Fr. | Madison, Wis.) draining a three-pointer and ended with Joshua Moody (So. | Detroit, Mich.) making a three-pointer. Despite the push, it wasn't even as time ran out giving the Blue Devils the 72-66 wins.
• Rice went 8-12 from the floor, 2-4 from beyond the arch, and 1-1 on free throw attempts.
• Bell earned 13 points, four rebounds, one assist, and one steal. He went 5-13 from the floor, 1-3 on three-pointers, and 2-2 from the charity stripe.
• Norton tallied 11 points. He went 4-11 from the floor and 3-10 from beyond the arch.
• Moody earned a team-high of three steals. Kimmons earned a team-high of eight rebounds.
• Ivanovic led the Blue Devils with a team-high of 25 points, four rebounds, and two assists. He went 8-15 from the floor and 8-13 on three-point attempts.
• Frantz earned 15 points, three rebounds, two assists, and one steal.
• Sisawo tallied 12 points, a team-high of eight rebounds, one assist, and one block.
• Gustafson earned a team-high of six assists.
The Saints are back on the road as they face Aquinas for a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) contest on Wednesday, February 10th at 7:30 PM.