ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team dropped a road conference game to Concordia (MI) on Saturday afternoon. Curtis Bell III (Jr. | St. Paul, Minn.) led the Saints as he earned a double-double with 13 points and a team-high of 17 rebounds.
Final Score: Concordia (MI) 81, Siena Heights 66
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan (Cardinal Field House)
Records: Concordia (MI) (4-3, 2-0 WHAC), Siena Heights (0-3, 0-2 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Cardinals jumped out to a 9-0 lead in the first five minutes of the game sparked by a three-pointer from Zackary Johnson. The Saints chipped away as they went on a 14-2 run sparked by a three-pointer from Brendan Williamson (Fr. | Center Grove, Ind.) and ended with Elijah Kimmons (Fr. | Madison, Wis.) draining a three-point shot. That run cut the deficit to five points (32-37) with four minutes left in the first half. Concordia scored 14 points compared to Siena's eight to send the game into intermission with the Cardinals in the lead 48-35.
Concordia went on an 8-4 run to start the second half that pushed the lead to 56-39. The teams exchanged possessions as the score remained 56-39 till 11:56 left of the game. The Cardinals gained some cushion as they earned a 21-point lead (67-46) as Johnson hit a three-pointer with eight minutes left of play. Siena attempted to rally back as they went on a 10-2 run sparked by a layup made by Williamson and ended with Armstrong draining a three-pointer to update the score 75-63. Concordia answered back as they went on an 8-2 run sparked by a pair of free-throws from CJ Moore to secure the 81-66 win. The Saints had 31 points in the paint compared to Concordia's 30 and Siena's benched outshot the Cardinal's bench 31 points to 26.
• Bell Went 5-15 from the floor and 3-5 on free-throw attempts.
• Bryce Armstrong (Jr. | Ecorse, Mich.) had a team-high of 17 points. He went 6-11 from the floor, 3-5 on three-point attempts, and 2-2 from the charity stripe.
• Kevin Rice (Sr. | Detroit, Mich.) tallied 15 points, two rebounds, and one steal. He earned a team-high of four assists.
• Brendan Williamson (Fr. | Center Grove, Ind.) recorded 10 points, three assists, and two steals.
• Zackary Johnson led the Cardinals as he has a team-high of 22 points and four steals. He went 7-10 from the floor, 5-8 from beyond the arc, and 3-6 from the charity stripe.
• Thomas Hronis earned 18 points, one rebound, one assist, and three steals. He went 6-12 from the floor and 6-11 on three-point attempts.
• Tyler Black tallied 12 points, two rebounds, and two steals.
• Bernard Kasanda had a team-high of nine assists. Anthony Condie had a team-high of eight rebounds.
The Saints travel to Fort Wayne, Indiana for a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) contest against Indiana Tech tomorrow Sunday, January 31st. Tip-off is set for 3:00 PM.