SOUTHFIELD, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team dropped a game to Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) opponent Lawrence Tech 95-88, on Saturday afternoon. DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints with 27 points, six rebounds, a team-high of five assists, one steal, and one block.
Final Score: Lawrence Tech 95, Siena Heights 88
Location: Southfield, Michigan (Don Ridler Field House)
Records: Lawrence Tech (10-15, 5-13 WHAC), Siena Heights (12-16, 9-10 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Blue Devils jumped out to a 10-2 lead after they score six straight points sparked with a layup by Gunnar Gustafson at the 17:27 mark. The Saints tied things up at 12's after Jon Hovermale (Senior, Livonia, Mich.) and PJ Austin (Senior, Cleveland, Ohio) respectively made three-point shots along with a layup good by Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) with 12:14 left on the clock. Lawrence Tech built a double-digit lead (30-20) after a layup was good by Gustafson with 7:16 remaining in the first half. Siena rallied to cut the deficit to four-points (38-34) as Kevin Rice (Junior, Detroit, Mich.) made a layup and a pair of free throws with 2:52 left of play. The Blue Devils increased their lead to eight points (48-40) as Brandon Beavers made a dunk at intermission.
The Saints decreased the margin to four-points (48-44) as Dickerson made a pair of free throws and Jordan made a layup at the 18:29 mark. Lawrence Tech earned a 12-point lead (65-53) as Isaiah Cumberland and Beavers made a layup along with a three-pointer by Jordan Henry with 10:25 on the clock. Smith updated the score to 67-63 as he made a layup for Siena with 8:11 left of play. The Blue Devils answered back as they gained some cushion with a 13-point lead (81-68) with a three point shot good by Henry with 2:40 remaining in the game. Siena kept pushing to catch up to Lawrence Tech but they held a solid lead over them the remainder of the half. Jordan was the final shooter for the Saints as he made a layup but the Blue Devils would walk away with the 95-88 win.
• Dickerson went 7-17 from the floor, 1-4 on three-point attempts, and 12-13 from the charity stripe.
• Rice contributed 17 points, three rebounds, one assist, one steal, and one block. He went a perfect 7-7 from the floor and 3-3 on free-throw attempts.
• Jordan tallied 14 points, a team-high of nine rebounds, one assist, and one steal. He went 5-13 from the floor, 1-3 from beyond the arch, and 3-3 from the charity stripe.
• Anthony Duncan (Freshman, Kissimmee, Fla.) had a team-high of two blocks.
• Beavers led the Blue Devils with 22 points, seven rebounds, a team-high of seven assits and two steals. He went 8-13 from the floor, 1-3 from beyond the arch, and 5-6 on free-throw attempts.
• Henry contributed 19 points, one rebound, and four assists. He went 3-7 from the floor, 3-6 on three-point attempts, and 10-11 from the charity stripe.
• Gustafson tallied 18 points and a team-high of 11 reboundsfor a double-double. He also had one assist, and one block and went 9-12 from the floor.
The Saints return home to face Rochester in a Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) contest on Wednesday, February 19th. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 8:00 p.m., EST.