ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball earned a victory in the annual pink game supporting the local Hickman cancer center against Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) opponent UM-Dearborn, on Saturday afternoon. DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) led the Saints with double-double earning 27 points and a team-high of 10 rebounds.
Final Score: Siena Heights 61, UM-Dearborn 58
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Siena Heights (12-14, 9-8 WHAC), UM-Dearborn (15-11, 8-8 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Wolverines jumped out to a 6-2 lead after Elwood Tomlinson made a three-point shot at the 17:49 mark. The Saints rallied and cut the deficit to one-point (13-12) after a three-pointer was good by Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) with 10:50 left to play in the half. UM-Dearborn scored nine straight points (22-12) after a three-point shot was good by Tomlinson with 9:14 left on the clock. Siena updated the score to 26-21 as a Dan Everhart (Sophomore, Macomb, Mich.) drained a three-pointer. Jared Jackson made a three-point shot for the Wolverines (29-21) at intermission.
UM-Dearborn increased the lead to 10-points (33-23) as Reid Sellers made a layup at the 19:01 mark. Siena kept the momentum going as they cut the margin to three points (43-40) after a jumper was good by Dickerson with 9:34 on the clock. The Wolverines held a six-point lead (48-42) as Reid Sellers made a layup with 8:14 left of gameplay. The Saints took the lead as Dickerson made a dunk at the 4:36 mark and neither team would lead by two the rest of the way. Another dunk by Dickerson gave the Siena a three-point lead (59-55) with 1:01 remaining in the game. UM-Dearborn answered as Tomlinson drained a three-point shot to trail by one-point (58-59). The Wolverines fouled and Kevin Smith II (Senior, Columbus, Ohio) made a pair of free throws to close the deal with the 61-58 win.
• Dickerson had a team-high of three assists. He went 11-17 from the floor, 1-4 from beyond the arch, and 4-5 on free throw attempts.
• Jordan contributed 12 points, seven rebounds, and two steals. He went 4-11 from the floor, 3-4 on three-point attempts, and 1-2 from the charity stripe.
• Kevin Rice (Junior, Detroit, Mich.) tallied eight points, a team-high of 10 rebounds, two assists, and one steal. He went 4-8 from the floor.
• Smith had a team-high of three steals.
• Tomlinson led the Wolverines with 14 points, one rebound, and one steal. He went 5-11 from the floor and 4-10 from beyond the arch.
• Cody Kegley earned 11 points, three rebounds, a team-high of six assists, and two steals. He went 4-15 from the floor, 2-10 on three-point attempts, and 1-1 from the charity stripe.
• Sellers contributed nine points, five rebounds, and one assist. He went 4-8 from the floor and 1-2 on free-throw attempts.
• Jason Gigliotti had a team-high of eight rebounds, three steals, and three blocks.
The Saints face the University of Northwestern Ohio in a road Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) contest on Wednesday, February 12th. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:30 p.m., EST.