ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team rolled past Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) opponent Aquinas, on Wednesday night. Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) led the Saints with 32 points and a team-high of eight rebounds, two steals, and three blocks.
Final Score: Siena Heights 77, Aquinas 57
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan (Sturrus Center)
Records: Siena Heights (11-14, 8-8 WHAC), Aquinas (8-18, 4-12 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints jumped out to a 12-5 lead after a jumper was good by Jordan at the 16:16 mark. Aquinas cut the deficit to seven points (20-13) as Deric Murray made a layup with 10:11 on the clock. Siena maintained a double-digit lead over Aquinas for the majority of the remainder of the half with the biggest lead of 20 points (41-21) after DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) made a layup with 1:25 left in the first half. Aquinas updated the score to 41-23 Jesse Hillis as the game went into intermission.
Siena kept the momentum going as they held a twenty digit lead over Aquinas for the greater part of the second half. Aquinas cut the margin to 15-points (65-50) as a layup by Sammie Ryans was good at 5:37 on the clock. The Saints earned the biggest lead in the game of 22 points (77-55) after Jordan made a three-point shot with 1:23 left of gameplay. Aquinas increased the score to 77-57 after Gabe Overway made a dunk as time ran out in regulation and the Saints walked away with the victory.
• Jordan went 12-15 from the floor, 4-5 from beyond the arch, and a perfect 4-4 from the charity stripe.
• Dickerson contributes 18 points, five rebounds, a team-high of five assists and two steals. He went 8-14 from the floor, 1-3 on three-point attempts, and 1-1 on free throws.
• Kevin Rice (Junior, Detroit, Mich.) tallied eight points, five rebounds, three assists, one steal, and a team-high of three blocks. He went 3-6 from the floor, 1-1 from beyond the arch, and 1-2 from the charity stripe.
• Deric Murray led Aquinas with 10 points, one rebound, one assist, and a team-high of two steals. He went 3-4 from the floor and a perfect 4-4 from the charity stripe.
• Beau LePage contributed 10 points and one assist. He went 4-7 from the floor and 2-3 on three-point attempts.
• Sammie Ryans and DeShawn Lewis each tallied nine points. Gabe Overway had a team-high of seven rebounds. Jesse Hillis had a team-high of four assists.
The Saints host UM-Dearborn this Saturday, February 8th at 5:00 p.m., EST. The game is the Annual Pink Game in support of cancer.