ADRIAN, Mich. -- The Siena Heights men's basketball team put up a fight in the tough 64-61 loss against Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) opponent Lourdes, on Saturday afternoon. Keith Jordan Jr. (Senior, Toledo, Ohio) led the Saints with a double-double as he earned 24 points and a team-high of 11 rebounds in the losing effort.
Final Score: Lourdes (Ohio) 64, Siena Heights 61
Location: Adrian, Michigan (SHU Fieldhouse)
Records: Lourdes (Ohio) (19-6, 12-3 WHAC) Siena Heights (10-13, 7-7 WHAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Gray Wolves jumped out to a 11-5 lead after a jumper was good by Little Anderson at the 13:42 mark. The Saints tied things up at 13's after Jon Hovermale (Senior, Livonia, Mich.) scored a three-point shot with 9:45 left on the clock. Siena gained a seven-point lead (20-13) as Jordan made a layup with just under eight minutes left to play in the opening half. The Saints lead grew to 10 (26-16) with 3:24 to play before the break. Lourdes rallied to tie the game 26-26 after Clif Snow made a three-point shot at intermission.
The teams traded possession during the beginning of the second half as the score remained close. Siena took a 34-29 lead at the 16:27 mark as Jordan made a layup. The Gray Wolves took a five-point lead off (45-40) as a three-point shot was good by Anderson with 11:08 on the clock. The Saints answered as they tied the game at 53 as Kevin Smith II (Senior, Columbus, Ohio) made a layup and neither team would lead by two the rest of the way. DeMarco Dickerson (Senior, Detroit, Mich.) put the Saints on top 61-60 after he made a three-point shot with 49 seconds left. Lourdes answered as McRay White scored a layup for the one-point lead (62-61). Dickerson looked for the win in the final seconds but it came up short and Coleman added two free throws to secure the win.
• Jordan went 6-10 from the floor, 2-4 from beyond the arch, and 10-13 from the charity stripe. He also contributed one steal.
• Dickerson went 3-11 from the floor, 1-3 on three-point attempts, and a perfect 6-6 on free-throws. He tallied four rebounds, a team-high of three assists, one steal, and block.
• Smith went 4-8 from the floor and 1-1 from beyond the arch. He earned three rebounds, one assist and steal.
• Dan Everhart (Sophomore, Macomb, Mich.) tied for a team-high of three assists.
• Andeson led the Gray Wolves with 15 points, five rebounds, and a team-high of three steals. He went 5-12 from the floor, 2-5 from beyond the arch, and 3-5 from the charity stripe.
• Snow contributed 14 points, five rebounds, one steal, and block. He went 4-10 from the floor, 3-8 on three-point attempts, and 3-4 on free throws
• White tallied 12 points, five rebounds, and one block. He went 5-8 from the floor and 2-2 from the charity stripe.
• Nick Welch had a team-high of eight rebounds and Kenny Coleman had a team-high of six assists.
The Saints face Aquinas in a road Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) contest on Wednesday, February 5th. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:30 p.m., EST.